NACA’s Best in America Mortgage
NACA is the best purchase program in America. NACA provides both comprehensive housing counseling and access to an incredible mortgage. NACA has over $13 Billion committed from some the country's largest lenders with everyone receiving these extraordinary terms:
NACA's mission is to provide affordable homeownership with a focus on low- to moderate-income people and communities. NACA is the best option for working people particularly those who have neither perfect credit nor substantial savings. There is no eligibility limitation based on one's income, credit score or other criteria as long as the Member meets the following eligibility criteria. These criteria allow NACA to meet its mission without limiting participation based on income.
- Member must not own another property when they close on the NACA mortgage.
- Member must occupancy the home as long as they have a mortgage obtained through NACA.
- Members need to participate in whatever way they feel comfortable and to adhere to NACA's policies and procedures.
- The maximum Acquisition Cost (i.e. purchase price plus required repairs after closing) is crucial to NACA's mission. There is no maximum Acquisition Cost for Targeted Members or Targeted Areas up to the significant limit of a conforming loan
- Members whose income is less than 80% of the median income in the Metropolitan Statistical Area ("MSA") where the Member is purchasing (Click here
- Properties in a census track where the medium income is less than 80% of the median income in the MSA (Click here
- Members who are not Targeted Members or purchasing in a Targeted Area, cannot purchase a property greater than the maximum Acquisition Cost for the area
The first step in the purchase process is to attend a NACA Homebuyer Workshop which is open and free to everyone. Every NACA office provides a number of workshops each month with additional workshops provided nationwide.
Find the next NACA workshop near you
Upon completion of the NACA Workshop, you need to schedule an appointment with a NACA counselor for a face-to-face meeting or phone counseling session. A counseling appointment can be scheduled through your personal Web-file which NACA has established for each member in our program. Your Web-File also includes the following: your status, next steps, document uploading into your electronic file.
If you are not clear on your next steps or have other question please contact your counselor. If you need further assistance call NACA's Member Services at 425-602-6222. We are committed to working with all homebuyers until they succeed in purchasing an affordable home. NACA homeowners have access to comprehensive post purchase assistance through NACA's MAP department at 281-968-6222.